IPC offers a complete range of cleaners that perfectly suit the needs of the cannabis industry.
The cannabis industry is growing rapidly as more states across the US legalize cannabis use. A fast, effective cleaning regimen will reduce downtime and help provide consistent, high-quality cannabis production.
The most important factor in developing a cleaning regimen is the selection of an appropriate cleaner. Other important variables include dwell time, temperature, mechanical force, and cleaner concentration. When certain factors are restricted—like when high temperatures cannot be achieved—the other variables can be manipulated to compensate.
International Products Corporation (IPC), Burlington, NJ, performed an experiment testing various temperatures, dwell times, and concentrations with each of IPC’s cleaning products to determine which combinations are best at cleaning hops resin on stainless steel.
Comprehensive Cleaner Testing
As cannabis was illegal in New Jersey at the time of testing, detergency tests could not be performed with cannabis soils. Instead, hops resin was tested as a substitute for cannabis resin.
Hops are the flowers of the plant Humulus lupulus, whose resin is used to impart flavor and bitterness in beer. Hops resin was selected for testing because the hops plant is the most closely related plant to cannabis. Both are members of the Cannabaceae family and share many of the same terpenes. Hops resin is a difficult soil to clean, as it is very sticky and not water-soluble.
In another IPC study, hemp oil was tested as a soil, but hemp oil is much easier to clean than resin. The results obtained gave us confidence that IPC’s cleaners will be effective at cleaning residues and soils left behind from processing cannabis, CBD, hemp oil, extracts, and other botanical products. Read our Hops Resin Report and Hemp Oil Report here.
IPC Cleaner Benefits
- Free-rinsing, does not leave residues or product build-up
- Fast, effective soil removal
- Excellent on stainless steel, glassware, ceramics and most plastics
- NSF-registered as USDA-A1 Cleaners
- Solvent free
- Concentrated liquid formulas for easy dilution
- Competitively priced
- FREE technical support and material compatibility testing
- FREE SAMPLES available for testing
- Phosphate free
*Sample validation methods are available.
- Micro® Green Clean
- Micro® A07 Citric Acid Cleaner
- Zymit® Pro Enzyme Cleaner’
IPC offers validation assistance to customers for all of their cleaning products. Since there are no federal cGMP regulations for the cannabis industry, we recommend following the cGMP of the target industries—cosmetics, edibles, dietary supplements, extracts, etc. Cleaning surfaces prior to disinfecting is critical. If residual cannabis resin remains on the equipment, this residue becomes a microbial threat to future batches.
Recommended Cleaners for the Cannabis Industry
- LF2100® Liquid Low-Foam Alkaline Cleaner
- Micro-90® Alkaline Cleaning Solution
- Micro® A07 Citric Acid Biodegradable Cleaner
- Micro® Green Clean Biodegradable Cleaner
- Surface-Cleanse/930® Neutral Cleaner
- Zymit® Pro Liquid Enzyme Cleaner
Cleaner Resource Links
- Pharmaceutical Flyer
- Cleaner Selection Guide
- Cleaner Instructions for Use
- A 7-Step Guide to the Proper Use of Critical Cleaners
- Validation Methods
- Compatibility Reports